Me and the crazy kids

Me and the crazy kids
Me and the crazy kids

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Well lets get this started...

So this is my first blog. I have always been a writer. My computer is full of articles, stories, poetry, and random ideas I have written my whole life. I keep journals and write weekly in various ways. I teach and tell my students stories about my life to illustrate the ideas I am teaching, and I seem to always be telling friends and family wacky stories about my life, my kids, and my work. So, the inspiration to do this came from a friend. She asked if I was writing down all the crazy stories and crazy things my kids do - of course I am in my private journal, but she suggested I share my stories since everyone always seems to get a good laugh from them.


So here I am. My plan is to share the stories of my crazy kids and my crazy life. I am busy (as are most people today) but my plan is to share a story at least once a week. I can't guarantee they will always be funny, interesting, or crazy, but at least I will give it a try!

I do realize that all parents think their kids are the cutest, funniest, or most clever little humans alive -I will often fall into this category when describing the exploits of my kids, and I am not going to apologize. Okay, I am apologizing right now: first and last time. I am going to assume if you (whoever you mystery readers might be) continue to read this that you must find he stories of my children entertaining.

So a little background about the family:

My name is Kristina. I met my husband, Kevin, as a teenager - on my 16th birthday to be exact. We have been together since - 17 years - and we have been married 12 years.

We have three sons:

Ethan who is 9 and is my artistic rule follower. He is very smart, is enrolled in the GATE program in 4th grade and loves math and science. He plays the guitar, does musical theater, and dance.

Emmett,  who is 5, is my spirited child. He is fun and full of energy. He is also my troublemaker - if there is trouble in the house, follow the trail and you will find Emmett. He is also the sweetest and most loving boy when he isn't being crazy. He starts kindergarten next week.

Ellis, who is 1 (almost 2), is a fun and entertaining toddler. He loves to get into things and likes to have his way (what 2 year old doesn't?) - he loves to be read to and play with his cars, oh and follow his brothers around to see if he can cause some trouble with Emmett.

I teach English as an adjunct professor at four different local community colleges. Kevin owns his own pool cleaning and repair business, so both of our jobs allow us some flexibility in raising our sons.

Welcome to our story...

No comments:

Post a Comment