The day Ethan turned 10 (in June) something snapped. He suddenly became this sullen, mouthy, eye-rolling teenager, but he is only 10!
He likes to think he is clever and funny (okay he is most of the time), but he goes through these phases that really get on my nerves.
This week? He says "What is this __________ you speak of?"
The first time he did it was funny. I reminded him to empty the dishwasher, and he said, "What is this thing the dishwasher you speak of?" Funny. I laughed. I shouldn't have. That line gets really old, really quickly.
Come eat dinner Ethan! - What is this "dinner" you speak of?
Ethan, give the chickens water! - What is this "water" you speak of?
Did you take a shower? -What is this thing "shower" you speak of?
Let me check your homework. - What is this "homework" you speak of?
You get the point. I actually told him if he says it one more time I am going to "show" him. I thought that was funny. He didn't.
Of course, his response was "What is this "show me" you speak of?"
I swear to you. I almost died.
No comments:
Post a Comment